- Vinyl Music Hall is owned by very prominent supporters of the Mayor. In fact, the Mayor held his victory party AT VINYL.
- The DIB is comprised of a Board of Directors appointed entirely by the Mayor.
- The City has a contract with the DIB to manage parking downtown.
- Vinyl, in violation of Florida law, had an LEGALLY parked car towed away for the private unpaid use of a City of Pensacola resource.
- The illegally towed vehicle incurred $3,000 in damage while in the custody of the towing company.
- The management of Vinyl were made aware of the damages incurred by the Citizen and have refused to do anything to correct their illegal activity.
- After growing ever bolder, Vinyl approached the DIB parking contractor about purchasing bags for the meters outside their business.
- The purchase and use of these bags was unknown to the DIB chairman or the DIB parking committee.
- Vinyl Music Hall, without permission began a campaign of illegally depriving the City of Pensacola and the DIB revenue by illegally covering the meters outside its establishment falsely stating that the metered spaces were "no parking" and "violators would be towed".
- Ever emboldened in their illegal enterprise, Vinyl had a multitude of Vinyl meter bags manufactured and with no regard to the illegal nature of their actions and extended their illegal diversion of City resources to over 2.5 blocks of City of Pensacola parking meters.
- The illegal actions of Vinyl were video taped by the bar manager and posted on social media in a blatant flaunting of their illegal acts.
- The DIB in its capacity as the parking management organization for the City routinely decides enforcement issues and fines Citizens for breaking Pensacola parking regulations.
- Once confronted about the situation, the DIB, in violation of its contract, admitted it allowed the illegal activity as it was arbitrarily allowing Vinyl to act illegally in an attempt to provide the FOR PROFIT business with a private unapproved economic incentive to enhance the profitability of the business.
- The actions of Vinyl were pointed out here on this blog and in the Pensacola News Journal.
- Management has refused to comment to the newspaper
- The illegal activities are continuing
- The DIB once made aware of the illegal activities is continuing to allow the business to deprive the DIB and the City of its rightful income.
Friday, April 14, 2017
Special Snowflakes Part 5 of 5
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Public, these are the facts and they are indisputable.
Ladies and gentlemen of the public, how do you find!