"At the start of 2013, Vinyl Music Hall had a formal use agreement with the Pensacola Downtown Improvement Board to take over three meters along East Garden Street. The concert venue covered the meters with yellow bags that read "NO PARKING" on some days of events. The bags were meant to ensure the spaces remain open for performers' tour buses and other large vehicles."
Link to Article
From the City Council Agenda when Peacock was appointed in 2012
The DIB ED stated the deal with Vinyl was done "at the start of 2013".
But what appeared on the City Council Agenda at the May 23, 2013 Agenda?
Folks, how in the world is the Vinyl Agreement not self dealing when you consider the below facts:
- Vinyl's owner was on the DIB Board when the special one of a kind parking deal was done.
- He was an employer of the DIB director thats job depended on Board support.
- No documentation of any Parking Committee review has been provided as required in the interlocal.
- No documentation of the Public hearing has been provided as required in the interlocal.
- No documentation of a DIB vote of a majority plus one has been provided as required in the interlocal..
- Others have asked for similar deals but have been told NO by the DIB.
- It has been proven to the DIB that in addition to the three spaces, Vinyl has illegally covered 2.5 blocks of spaces. No consequences.
- Even with a special agreement, Vinyl towed a legally parked car from a City street, The DIB is aware of the incident and has done nothing.