Friday, March 24, 2017

Spencer's Reply Shows He is Not a Leader

Or Both!

Council President Nero Spencer issued the following statement:

Mayoral Veto of #17-00186 Hiring of a Budget Analyst

Although requests have been made of me as Council President to provide an opinion on the Mayoral veto of the City Council’s action regarding the hiring of a Budget Analyst, I do not feel it is appropriate to do so at this time.

I believe that this matter may prove to be a complex legal issue requiring the advice and opinion of outside legal Counsel in order to assist the City Council in determining the appropriate course of action. I do not feel it is appropriate for me to unilaterally make such a decision without the majority consent of City Council.

I further believe this matter has the potential of far reaching implications that extend beyond the hiring of a Council Staff member. Thus, the City Council should address this issue as a body, not as individuals expressing individual opinions prior to a meeting of the entire Council. I will be submitting this item as an agenda item for discussion at the April 10, 2017 Agenda Conference.

Until such time as we meet, I will be making no further statement in an effort to avoid any appearance of a Sunshine violation.

Time to unpack it!

Although requests have been made of me as Council President to provide an opinion on the Mayoral veto of the City Council’s action regarding the hiring of a Budget Analyst, I do not feel it is appropriate to do so at this time.

Translation: I'm scared of leading, of making the Mayor mad or otherwise doing my job.  Maybe he's not made for this duty!!!

I believe that this matter may prove to be a complex legal issue requiring the advice and opinion of outside legal Counsel in order to assist the City Council in determining the appropriate course of action. I do not feel it is appropriate for me to unilaterally make such a decision without the majority consent of City Council.

Interpretation: A bit of information for President Nero, the Council must vote to override at its next meeting.  But he lives with Charter Mama, he knows that!!  That means the outside legal Counsel to assist the Council would be under the assumption that Council votes to ignore the Mayor's illegal veto and proceed with the hiring of the Budget Analyst.  

Spineless Spencer fiddles!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That guy has less balls than a woman....

Anonymous said...

actually, it would be "fewer" balls.

Here's the thing, if Ashy resigns, this goof would become mayor!