Amy Miller, in all likelihood, will be the last port director in the 450 years of ports in Pensacola. Let's recap her successes.
- She came in with much fanfare about being one of the few female Port Directors. Whoo hoo what does that get you in the Global Port Marketplace...Nothing!
- She is a big proponent of..."If you have it, they will come."
- She essentially quit marketing for cargo to come through the port thinking the offshore industry would be her meal ticket.
- She doubled down on the offshore industry jumping in blindly to the Deepflex fiasco.
- She made the Deepflex debacle worse due to her lack of experience in project management.
- She kept betting on the come by letting her only customer stack up accounts receivable due to a lack of other customers
- According to the Port Quarterly financials presented by Dick Barker, she is the reason the Port Grant with OIM is screwed up, encouraging them to pay for items out of their own money in violation of the grant requirements. Now the grant is all jacked up, FDOT is not happy and she is begging Tricky Dick for help.
- She has let the Port's traffic diminish so much that the Port has to pay a Port Pilot to do nothing because every port must have a pilot IN CASE a ship was coming to the dock. A Pensacola rarity unless it gives tours to tourists.
- She sits idly by waiting to retire and pass the torch of port closure to Clark Merritt whose only experience prior to Port Development was real estate and Navy aircraft maintenance. https://www.linkedin.com/in/clark-merritt-2827789