Unpacking that letter will take some time. No time like the present to start!
So lets list the charges as stated in the letter:
- Violated IRS statutes by denying the public access to 501(c) 3 financial documents
- Violated IRS statutes by denying the public access to its 501(c) 3 application
- Violated IRS statutes against lobbying – at several levels.
- Violated Escambia County Florida Zoning Regulations
- Violated Escambia County Code Enforcement Statutes
- Discriminated against a designated class of individuals in violation of four US statutes
- Right under the year, what does that say? "Open to Public Inspection" Your honor we have a Federal problem!
- The 2013 return was filed when - February 2 ,2015. 2015! Your honor we have a Federal problem!
- Who signed the return? David Penzone, the Mayor's campaign finance manager and his Union negotiator.
- Who is a Board member? David McGee, the Mayor's criminal defense attorney.
- Where is the office of REAP? Beggs & Lane, the Mayor's criminal defense firm and the City's go to law firm for all legal matters.
- Who else is a Board member? Bill Rankin, law partner of the Mayor's puppet master, Bob Kerrigan