The FAA Airport Operations Manual regarding Fire
PART 139—CERTIFICATION OF AIRPORTSstates:
(h) Response requirements. (1) With the aircraft rescue and firefighting equipment required under this part and the number of trained personnel that will assure an effective operation, each certificate holder must—
(i) Respond to each emergency during periods of air carrier operations; and
(ii) When requested by the Administrator, demonstrate compliance with the response requirements specified in this section.
(2) The response required by paragraph (h)(1)(ii) of this section must achieve the following performance criteria:
(i) Within 3 minutes from the time of the alarm, at least one required aircraft rescue and firefighting vehicle must reach the midpoint of the farthest runway serving air carrier aircraft from its assigned post or reach any other specified point of comparable distance on the movement area that is available to air carriers, and begin application of extinguishing agent.
(ii) Within 4 minutes from the time of alarm, all other required vehicles must reach the point specified in paragraph (h)(2)(i) of this section from their assigned posts and begin application of an extinguishing agent.
FROM ALARM, ALL OTHER REQUIRED VEHICLES
FAA Manual Link
Lets see how the PFD performed under Ashton J Hayward III, Daniel Flynn and Chief David Allen:
- ARFF 110 ALARM 9:28:42 Arrive 9:30:40 Other Vehicle Within 4 Minutes PASS
- ARFF 112 ALARM 9:28:42 Arrive 9:30:36 First Truck Within 3 Minutes PASS
- BC 1 ALARM 9:28:42 Arrive 9:41:13 Other Vehicle Within 4 Minutes FAIL
- E2 ALARM 9:28:42 Arrive 9:41:03 Other Vehicle Within 4 Minutes FAIL
- E3 ALARM 9:28:42 Arrive 9:36:33 Other Vehicle Within 4 Minutes FAIL
- E6 ALARM 9:28:42 Arrive 9:40:20 Other Vehicle Within 4 Minutes FAIL
- L16 ALARM 9:28:42 Arrive 9:41:08 Other Vehicle Within 4 Minutes FAIL
The 3rf ARFF Unit did not meet the required 4 minutes.