“Last week, I received the disappointing news from the State Attorney’s Office that Bill Reynolds chose to leak a confidential employee complaint. The wellbeing of the City’s hardworking employees is one of my top priorities. Mr. Reynolds’s actions violated this sacred responsibility. This is unacceptable to me."
Reynolds sued saying he was owed his severance and PTO. The case against Reynolds was called a "slam dunk". No way he could win.
Then why did Hayward move to settle a "slam dunk" case.
Weeeeeellllll, in April 2015, I sent the following email to Reynold's lawyer and others:
Date: Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 11:08 AM
Subject: Reynolds v. City of Pensacola
To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, ESisson@cityofpensacola.com, Ashton Hayward <firstname.lastname@example.org>, phillip Hoffman <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Fountain made the disclosure
- Her threat was information not available to the public which she used
- Did it benefit Emagination Unlimited in it's dealing with the Airport staff?
- Did Fountain disclose confidential information gained by reason of her official position with the City?
- Is the release of HR data outside the City allowed?
More on this tomorrow!