In typical Hayward insider dealing, the three year contract with Emagination expired in March 2016.
Was a new RFP issued? No!
When someone finally realized that the three contract expired, on JULY 1, 2016 Airport Director Dan Flynn sent Mayor Ashton Hayward a memo stating:
- "Emagination Unlimited has been the contractor since March 2013"
- "The current contract has expired and staff is preparing to solicit proposals via a publicly advertised Request for Proposals"
- "It is necessary to continue the current contractor on a month-to-month basis during the RFP period to ensure the availability of required services."
- How can a Airport Marketing Manager that only manages one contract allow that contract to EXPIRE and not recognize the expiration until three months later?
- How did bills submitted by Emagination Unlimited get paid between the contract expiration in March 29, 2016 and the month to month contract in August 2016?
- How does a retroactive contract work exactly? Is that legal?
- Since Emagination did not have a valid contract with the City for 6 months, was it falsely representing itself as the City's marketing and advertising contractor during that period?