Today, that offense report has been completed and an Escambia County Judge has found probable cause to believe that a crime has occurred. A warrant has been issued for the alleged perpetrator's arrest.
Two Pensacola Police Department officers are sent to arrest the Special Snowflake (SS). Below is a body cam video of the arrest.
Link to PPD Body Cam of Arrest
Several key moments in the video:
- 0:20 mark - When told about the location of the incident, SS knows what they are talking about.
- 0:32 mark - When told of the charges - SS immediately states "they waived us through"
- 0:38 mark - Officer states "we didn't want to do this upstairs"
- 0:54 mark - SS responds to charges " I don"t think so" as if he has a choice
- 1:03 mark - When told he had to go to jail - SS states "Are you kidding me?"
- 1:20 mark - When told by the officer they can arrest him there or move over by the car and that they are attempting to do this out of courtesy to SS -
- 2:00 mark - SS states to a colleague in the parking lot that: " I'm being arrested for failure to obey an officer and reckless driving in a Wednesday night beer run." Since the officers haven't given him a date of the offense and he knows EXACTLY it was a Wednesday night beer run, I tend to think SS knows exactly what is alleged at this moment.
- 2:15 mark - SS states he was driving home. Sounds like he remembers the incident well.
- 2:18 mark - SS states to the officer "I can talk to whoever I want to"
- 2:20 mark - The officers state they "are being as courteous to you as we can right now".
- 2:57 mark - SS states as the officers try to pat him down "This is ridiculous man. These are all my clients right here in this building"
- 3:07 mark - After being told the search is policy Special Snowflake states clearly "I CAN'T F-BOMBING BELIEVE THIS." Sound familiar??
- 3:19 mark - SS "I can not freaking believe this."
- 3:40 mark - SS "I can't believe you are doing this in front of a major FREAKING client. I'm a FREAKING lawyer that represents everyone in this FREAKING bank building."
- 3:58 mark - SS "Everybody's looking at me."
- 4:02 mark - SS "I CAN'T F-BOMBING BELIEVE THIS"
As you will read in its entirety later this week, the accused denies he did anything at all and the officer is "misstating" the incident.