Hayward is at a unique time in his Mayorship.
He just got taken to the woodshed in the Fish House ruling which will cost the City hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Growing calls for his recall are surfacing. Folks are meeting to discuss it.
This Fire decision rests solely on him. Not the Council. Remember, he's the Strong Mayor. We have a new form of government, as he is fond of saying. All employee matters are his alone.
When the frivolous allegations made by Ed Sisson come out,
- Hayward has to state why he wasted two months and tens of thousands of dollars investigating rental car upgrades and issues under the control of other fire department employees who were not placed on leave.
- Hayward has to state how an investigation that his City Administrator said was into EEOC allegations morphed into a witch hunt.
- Hayward has to state that his HR flunky Sisson who made the allegations against City employees that are proven false still has his full confidence to lead the City's HR function. Who is next in Sisson's witch hunt scope?
- Hayward has to state that City Administrator Eric Olson LIED to AM1620 about the nature of the administrative leave and the EEOC investigation
- Transcripts of interviews
- Who was interviewed
- Who was not
- Will Hayward hide the findings until Friday after the Council meeting so that he has a month until he and Olson have to face the public? or
- Is he man enough to own his mistake and get it out so the public can confront him and Olson on Thursday night?