"Do you have the report yet? Do you have anything to tell us?"
"Andrew I do not. And I did hear some rumors. That's just silly. I don't have the report and you know, I've been completely away from this."
"To answer your question, No I do not. I've seen no report. There is no report on my desk. That's just silly.
"I'm as anxious as you are!"
This "Strong Mayor", this CEO, is either lying through his teeth or is the most uninvolved buffoon in history.
Let me spell it out clearly:
- The two highest ranking leaders of the fire department are put on leave for charges as serious as accepting a rental car upgrade and a possible insinuated comment in a speech.
- The "charges" were put forward by the Mayor's direct report Ed Sisson.
- The chiefs were put on 10 day leave because no one at the City realized admin leave was capped at 10 days. A policy exception was required "BY THE MAYOR"
- The Mayor's personal criminal defense firm is hired to do the investigation.
- The Mayor's Puppet Master is seen almost daily at the firm doing the investigation.
- The press is going ape over the wasted salaries for the Chiefs and the cost of the investigation.
- The Mayor is caught attempting to state that his City Administrator misspoke in laborious detail on the radio for 5 minutes.