- No resolution on the Fire Chief investigations now in their second month
- The City's failure to properly handle the recent tornados and who was aware of the situation
- If the City will commit misfeasance by entering into an automatic aid agreement for fire service
- City Council "ready to act" on his Longhollow tower lease with a campaign contributor
- EEOC complaints against his City Administrator and HR director
- North Hill up in arms regarding the ECUA tanks
- More and more people openly calling for his recall
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
With so many questions, Strong Mayor becomes Invisible Man
Right now in the City, Mayor Hayward has the following issues going on:
Now more than ever people want to hear from their Mayor. It's a good thing he has a weekly radio interview with Andrew McKay on AM 1620 to get his message to the people and answer the above questions.
But in typical Hayward fashion, when the going gets tough, the Mayor gets scarce.
It's a radio interview. You don't even have to be there. Maybe he's between burn phones.
In the last two weeks, the Strong Mayor has put up the sanitation manager and the parks and rec spokesperson to fill his spot with Andrew.
Today, Citizens learned about the Easter egg hunt this weekend and the touch a truck event at the Maritime Park. Both great events, but not exactly what AM 1620 was looking for when agreeing to give the Mayor a prepared interview each week I'm sure.
Maybe next week we can here about the hard work going on at the City garage which I do appreciate but not exactly what Citizens want to hear about with so many issues out there.