Cosson and Buchanan started the Pulse for Bob Kerrigan to have an outlet for good news all the time for and about the Mayor. They go on and on about their journalistic integrity and mission: to provide the Gulf Coast with free, fair, and independent journalism. But when you break it down they fill around their personal agenda articles with press releases and historical photo montages.
At their base, they are political hacks.
For example, let's break down their "news" coverage of the Fire Chief story. Italics are Pulse quotes:
February 17 - Facebook - Two suspended Pensacola Fire Department officials were involved in an employee complaint just months ago False and defamatory; suspended is a disciplinary action. The chiefs are on non-disciplinary administrative leave. Cosson knows this but continues to defame.
February 17 - Pensacola Deputy Fire Chief was Subject of 2015 Complaint - Biased with Intent to Mislead The Pensacola Deputy Fire Chief was Cleared in a 2015 Complaint
- Two suspended Pensacola Fire Department officials - False and defamatory; suspended is a disciplinary action. The chiefs are on non-disciplinary administrative leave. Cosson knows this but continues to defame.
- were involved in a complaint filed last year - Technically correct but intentionally misleading; Schmitt was involved only because he was the department head dealing with the issue and in their roles both men are probably "involved" one way or another in EVERY complaint at the Fire Department. How many other complaints were the Chiefs "involved" in Derek?
- a decision that was later overturned by the City's human resources office - Biased to protect Sisson; Sisson, the HR Director overturned the decision. There was not a departmental meeting held to discuss the matter. The office didn't vote to overturn. One guy! Period!
- the complaint alleged that Glover, along with [others] conspired - False and defamatory; in the "complaint" posted the term conspire is never mentioned or even alluded to.
- Were proper HR procedures followed by Schmitt? Yes!
- Does Sisson have the authority to overrule the Chief? No!
- Where is that authority in the City HR manual?
- What was the grievance policy that should have been followed?
- What should have been done under the City's Collective Bargaining Agreement?