The budget commentary stated:
- Develop applicable compliant specifications for new apparatus, equipment and uniforms that meet current national and safety standards.
- Provide appropriate renovations and upgrades to existing facilities to extend their service life.
- Maintain older fire apparatus creatively and effectively to extend their service life in lieu of apparatus manufacturers being out of business.
- Obtain funding for a regular replacement program for apparatus and necessary special equipment, such as breathing apparatus.
- Upgrade older facilities when funding permits to utilize the latest in building energy saving technology.
See pages 94 and 218 of the budget
The unfunded Penny for Progress project list stated:
ARRA stimulus packaqe, but will not know its status before the beginning of FY2010. The city would not be required to provide match, but localities that can provide a match are looked upon more favorably. Our recommendation is to use the existing $268,000 for the roof as match to improve our ability for approval.