- August 3, 2012 Al Garza's assistant, Lee Smith, signed the lease
- August 3, 2012 Sent by Al Garza for approval.
- August 3, 2012 Received and approved by George Maiberger
- August 3, 2012 Received by Asst Risk Manager
- August 14, 2012 Sent to Mayor
- August 15, 2012 Received for Mayor by Reynolds; its architect
- Messer's review is undated.
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
Longhollow Tower: Messer Missed Forest; Caught the Trees
In reviewing the Longhollow Tower lease and City's approval sheet, I noted the following timeline on the City's approval sheet:
City Attorney Messer states:
"Please have two witnesses sign. He cannot attest to his own signature."
In the final lease Gene Church does attest to his own signature. Two witnesses are added.
Is Messer's comment an "either" or "both" ?
Obviously since the signed lease only indicates the Secretary is to attest with no typed individual names, the lease MUST have been signed by Church prior to the Messer review or he would not have known to make the statement; "He cannot attest to his own signature"
Was the lease signed prior to being forwarded to City staff for approval?