Friday, November 13, 2015

Data Request of Mr. Gene Church

Mr. Church,

Thank you for stopping by Maren's Blog Dot Biz.  I appreciate you weighing in on the posts regarding your tower and I invite you to keep sharing your side of the issue at any time.

I am requesting the following documents from you pursuant to your statements and claims in your 2013 Form 990 return.

In that return you state in Section C Disclosure #18 that 990's are available upon request.

I am requesting:

  1. A copy of your 501(c)3 determination letter
  2. A copy of the DWC 2012 Form 990
  3. A copy of the DWC 2011 Form 990
  4. A Copy of the DWC 2010 Form 990 and
  5. Any tax filings made for years 2009, 2008 and 2007 
Additionally, Section C Disclosure #19 states : Describe in Schedule O whether (and if so, how) the organization made its governing documents, conflict of interest policy and financial statements available to the public during the tax year.

You answer that question in Schedule O as follows:

"Governing documents are made available to the public by request."

Therefore, I am requesting financial statements for 2015 back to 2009 as well as the Corporate By-Laws and conflict of interest policy.

Finally, you answer Part IV Item #2 in the affirmative that a Schedule of Contributors is required, yet the copy of the 990 I have does not contain that Schedule.

I am specifically requesting Schedule B for each year in the years 2010-2015.

Thank you for your prompt attention.

Please forward the documents to me at jklmn246@gmail.com

I will also be mailing this request to the various addresses listed on your Form 990 to ensure receipt.

Sincerely,

Maren DeWeese

4 comments:

Anonymous said...


One aspect of this backroom deal has yet to be investigated. The surrogate contractor that acted as Gene Church's "permit puller" was "Gulf Coast Building Contractors, Inc." GCBC, Inc. is none other than Hayward insider Paul Ritz and his brothers. Paul Ritz is the chairman of Hayward's Planning Board and is infamous for allowing, even encouraging, Scott Sallis to screw over the residents of East Pensacola Heights back in August.

We can just imagine how this conversation went -

GENE CHURCH: "Ashton, my contractor developed a backbone and up and quit on me."
ASHTON HAYWARD: "No problem. I'll send over my pal Paul Ritz to pull the permit for you. Ritz does whatever I tell him to do!"

Anonymous said...

If you look closely at the documents that Mr. Olson put together for the city council regarding the permits which GCBC pulled they were for the "repair to code" (for a value of $5,000) to, we assume, fix the footings which were cited as being insufficient. The additional permits for the ice bridge/comm structure and fence were no put up to the system until 11/10 and 11/12/15.

What's missing? The permit for the demolition and the permit for the building of the new tower from what I can tell. So somewhere in between the Biggs permit dissolution and the GCBC footing repair permit there seems a gap.

Anonymous said...

Well done, Maren!

Anonymous said...

I'll be surprised if Mr. Church produces any of your requested documents. He seems like a total weasel.