They are official memorandum, not rumor and innuendo.
As you read them remember, this is the 1980s. Not the 1960s. They show:
- Inadequate hiring practices regarding minorities
- Lack of opportunities for promotion
- Training discrimination
- Pure race discrimination
- Attempts to solve the issues through the chain of command
- Failure to properly advise eligible black firefighters of promotion tests
- Fire department leadership simulating the Ku Klux Klan.
Allbritton to City
PFD in the 1980s
They show a pattern of behavior by the PFD and the City that become the foundation of a lawsuit brought later by the firefighters.
The names have been removed by me. This is about the City and Fire Department leadership, not individuals.