The Spencer's were the driving force behind the Charter Commission and the Pro-Charter PAC Believe in a Better Pensacola. Throughout the Charter debate and in each of the Charter political brochures, Crystal Spencer, the PAC Chair, PERSONALLY approved each statement to be made to the public.
Below is a link to the FAQ flyer distributed by the PAC and noted by Councilwoman Pratt at the March 27 City Council meeting.
Here are the PROMISES approved by Crystal Spencer to the Citizens that her spouse, Brian Spencer is actively assisting our Mayor in breaking each and every month as Hayward seizes more and more power.
- Page 2 - Council's role remains much the same as it does with the current charter.
- Page 2 - (Council) Controls the City's purse strings
- Page 2 - Council votes to approve or disapprove the Mayor's proposed budget AND ANY ACTION
- Page 4 - An executive, elected mayor and an elected City Council will offer true checks and balances, giving greater transparency, oversight, citizen involvement and accountability.
- Page 4 - There is increased focus on budget and budget control.
- Page 5 - Most of the Mayor's powers are the same as the powers of the current City Manager
- Page 5 - Mayor proposes agenda, budget and programmatic action and Council must approve
- Page 6 - Will the Mayor be able to make side deals and back room deals? As part of the checks and balances, all deals must be approved by the City Council.
- Page 6 - Can the Mayor move forward with special projects without the approval of Council? No, all projects must be in the budget and approved by Council.
No Boss Mayor was right. Snake oil salesmen.
SHAME ON YOU!