Sunday, July 7, 2013
The Facts No One Bothered to Ask For
Here are the facts that no one has bothered to ask:
· I had heard from people in City Hall of Asmar’s sexual exploits for months. People were uncomfortable with what was going on. I posted nothing. I had no facts.
· I only post items supported by facts and supporting documents.
· On March 5, 2013, I met my husband and another member of my family at World of Beers to celebrate my birthday around 6pm.
· We go to World of Beers because they carry a bier from the town where we lived in Germany.
· It is not available in stores and it is yummy.
· Bill Reynolds was there also. He was not with us. I said hello and he gave me a hug. We exchanged pleasantries and I continued my birthday celebration.
· No tears were shed.
· No meeting was planned.
· No drop off was arranged.
· Two people met by chance in a business. Period.
· As he was leaving, Reynolds stopped by my table and placed an envelope on it and said “Happy Birthday”. He left.
· No one at the table touched the envelope until we were ready to leave a few minutes later around 7pm.
· As we were leaving, I picked up the envelope. It had no return address and was addressed to Outzen.
· In the envelope were the documents I posted on my blog.
· It included a document written by the alleged victim outlining the alleged actions by Asmar that were appalling including throwing condoms on the alleged victims desk.
· It included a document written by Reynolds detailing his knowledge and involvement in the matter.
· The document alludes to the fact that Hayward was removing Asmar for the alleged actions.
· It included an email from the City Attorney a month earlier informing Reynolds and the HR director that the information should be considered confidential. Messer outlines his 20 year relationship with Asmar and states he will no longer be involved.
· The next day, I received the same documents I had been given by Reynolds from a friend who had received the documents from someone using the email address TruthatCityHall.
· I shared this fact with the State Attorney when interviewed but no investigation of that leak appears to have either taken place or been included in the SAO report. Just the notation of Reynolds and me.
· I went to the trouble of redacting the document of all references to the employee’s name or other items which would indicate whom it might be.
· I sent the documents I received to the PNJ, the City Council and other members of the press.
· The PNJ did nothing with the information and never reported on Asmar’s alleged actions.