- Three years ago when Hayward was Mayor a secret leasing deal was done with Vinyl, his supporter and the son of a Board member, for the meter spaces outside their business for three years.
- No record of approval by the DIB Board or the Parking Committee of that secret deal is available.
- Last month the DIB chairman states with no reservations in an email that the DIB does not lease spaces. Lie or ignorant? There are only two possibilities.
- The DIB tells a Citizen requesting similar treatment that it does not lease spaces to businesses. The DIB ED admitted that he was unaware of the deal at the time.
- So...the ED of the DIB executes a new agreement when he discovers the old one lapsed. No Board approval, no Parking Committee approval. Just makes up a SWAG number and makes a new agreement.
- How does that work?
- He is now making special deals for the Levins and telling other equal members of the DIB NO!
- How is that even legal at all. The DIB chooses who get special treatment? Based on what documented criteria?